With the April 2016 release of her book, The Joy of Nursing, Reclaiming Our Nobility, Juliana shares candid and insightful reflections of what is noble about the profession of nursing. And, what the threats to this time honored profession are. She invites nurses and those persons considering becoming nurses, to find validation that the profession is strong enough for the problem areas to be scrutinized. It has always been true that: “To be a nurse, you have to be tough and you have to be gentle.”
This is now truer today than ever before.
- Juliana Adams, Expert in Nursing Juliana Adams, BSN, MSN, MA Psychology, is an author, documentary film producer and practicing nurse.
- Reflections of a Pink Sky by Kimberly Conrad Abstract Landscape, Sunset Art Painting "Reflections of a Pink Sky" by Colorado Contemporary Artist Kimberly Conrad. Juliana chose this painting to be on the cover of her book, The Joy of Nursing.
- Kimberly Conrad and Juliana Adams at AuthorU Tea Kimberly Conrad, Colorado Contemporary Artist and Juliana Adams, author of The Joy of Nursing.
- The Joy of Nursing book display Book launch event for Juliana Adams.
- The Joy of Nursing cookies These book shaped cookies were made to celebrate the launch of Juliana's book, The Joy of Nursing.
Crucial conversations are needed within the profession of nursing leadership, academia and the nurse at the bedside to work in a more unified manner. Providing care that is understood, valued and vital to patients in today’s complex healthcare arenas, remains a challenge. Juliana candidly explores the increasing difficulty of what it means to be the “best part of a patient’s worst day.”
The Joy of Nursing has the power to reinvigorate each individual nurse’s discovery into choosing to be the nurse they need to be. This discovery supports the evolution of what is needed by the profession to meet the exciting opportunities open to all nurses at this time in history!
Drawing upon her own experiences in academic, leadership and hands-on practice, Juliana has “walked the walk.” Be inspired and enriched by her journey … and yours.
“Everyone knows when they have had a great nurse;
you know this because you can feel it.“
TO PURCHASE YOUR COPY OF THE BOOK – CLICK HERE